Founder, President, and Shareholder
John Neve has more than 20 years of experience practicing business law and civil litigation. He has represented many businesses, from startups to publicly traded companies. Even with his history of providing counsel to large corporations, he has a deep-rooted passion for assisting entrepreneurs and small business owners in navigating legal challenges.
Early in his career, John developed skills for litigating commercial disputes, such as:
- Minority shareholder disputes
- Non-compete agreement conflicts
- Trade secret cases
- Breaches of contract
- Complex real estate contests
Attorney John Neve’s extensive early experience as an appellate lawyer—successfully arguing cases before the Minnesota Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and Eighth Circuit—gives him unique insights into where different choices and events can ultimately lead, offering a critical strategic advantage to his clients.
John’s role as a litigator segued into becoming an advisor and problem-solver. He is frequently called upon to fill the role of outside general counsel, providing advice on critical business decisions for large companies and startups. John has leveraged his litigation experience to assist when negotiating transactions. His greatest satisfaction comes when he uses his insight and experience to identify and avoid problems before they arise.
He received his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Minnesota Law School (1997), where he now teaches advocacy and legal writing as an adjunct professor. He is admitted to Minnesota’s state and federal courts, the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. Attorney Neve has been selected to the Super Lawyers® list multiple times (2014 – 2018). This professional recognition of excellence is only granted to up to 5% of all attorneys in the country each year.
- University of Minnesota Law School – Juris Doctor, 1997
- University of New Orleans – BA English, 1993
Credentials and Associations
- Minnesota State Bar – Member, 1997-Present
- Hennepin County Bar Association – Member, 1997-Present
- University of Minnesota Law School – Adjunct Professor, 2006-2019
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
Awards and Recognition
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer” every year from 2014 to 2023
- AVVO “Superb” rating